Thursday, February 18, 2010

Round 5 is done...

Mom finished her last day of the 5th round of chemo today. She made it home around 12:15 and so far is feeling good. She goes in tomorrow for the shot to help keep her white blood count up then we prepare for the big sale on Saturday.
It's bitter-sweet for all of us. Mom has had her Home Child Care for 20 years, over half of my life. Hopefully after Saturday most if not all of her supplies will be in other Home Child Care's or Centers for other children to enjoy. Mom and Dad will now have a "spare" room. That's something they haven't had in more than 20 years. Since while I was growing up I had the room that is now the play room and Mom's sewing room was the play room. Once I moved out with my husband (now) Joey Mom turned my room into the play room and the old play room into the sewing room and over flowing daycare room. Benjamin is excited that Mimi & Pop will have a bed for him to sleep in once Mimi is better and he is able to spend the night with them.
I know that once Mom is all better and able to drive and be out there will be no stopping her. Mom and Benjamin will be out and about and nothing will stop them. In the summer they will be in the pool or in the sewing room making something awesome. I know this day is so close.
Mom is now down 5 round of Chemo and only has 2 more rounds to go. Hang in there Mom you are strong and I know you can continue to fight this.

A Special THANK YOU to all of our friends and family for all the love, support, thoughts and prayers during this time. I give all the glory to God, because without him none of this would be possible. Praise God! Good is good all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment